The 2nd (Prince of Wales' Own) Gurkha Regiment plaque is one of the latest additions by “Ex - Gurkha Khukuri House” to enhance the Gurkhali items and also to honor the prestigious Brigade of Gurkhas. It is actually the replicated version of the original ones found only in official army departments and the Gurkha Museum in the UK . The regiment was first raised in 1815 as The Sirmoor Battalion.This was the first Gurkha unit in the service of the East India Company to see action, during the 3rd Mahratta War in 1817. The regiment, by now named the 8th (Sirmoor) Local Battalion, gained its first battle honour at Bhurtpore in 1825.During the Indian Mutiny, the Sirmoor Battalion was one of the Indian regiments that remained loyal to Britain. It was during this that the regiment took part in the defence of Hindu Rao's House, near Delhi. For their part in the action, the Sirmoor Battalion was presented with the Queen's Truncheon, which became a replacement for the colours that they relinquished when the regiment became a rifle regiment in 1858. With the decision to number the Gurkha regiments in 1861, the Sirmoor Rifles became the 2nd Gurkha (Sirmoor Rifles) Regiment. In 1876, the regiment acquired a royal patron in the then Prince of Wales, becoming the 2nd (Prince of Wales' Own) Gurkha Regiment.
It is also accompanied by a Gurkhas Book to make buying more interesting and to bring closer to the masses the undying history and information on Gurkhas.