The 7th GR (7th Duke Of Edinburgh's Own Gurkha Rifles) plaque is one of the latest additions by Ex - Gurkha Khukuri House to enhance the Gurkhali items and also to honor the prestigious Brigade of Gurkhas. It is actually the replicated version of the original ones found only in official army departments and the Gurkha Museum in the UK.The original 7th Gurkhas was formed as the Assam Sebundy Corps in 1835, eventually becoming a Gurkha regiment within the Bengal Native Infantry, ranked as the 43rd Gurkhas. In 1903, it was renumbered as the 7th Gurkha Rifles. The year before, the 8th Gurkha Rifles was formed from a nucleus of men primarily from the 10th Gurkha Rifles, but also from other Gurkha units. In 1903, this became the 2nd Battalion, 10th Gurkha Rifles. until 1907; at that time, the 7th Gurkhas amalgamated with the 8th Gurkha Rifles to become its 2nd Battalion, while 2/10 Gurkha Rifles was renamed as the "new" 7th Gurkhas.
It is also accompanied by a Gurkhas Book to make buying more interesting and to bring closer to the masses the undying history and information on Gurkhas.